Total Pageviews

Apr 21, 2011

What is happening today...

Normally after waking up, I usually make some coffee, ride my dutch and crappy bike, go swimming for 40-45 min, go to the office, check my mail-fb-twitter-some shitty newspapers and then... I am ready to start working! That is my morning's odyssey, all before 9am. I love this PhD life.
Today is not the exception for the first five things I usually do. But "starting to work", the last one, is not happening right now and I will let you know why.
This morning, I am waiting for news. News from my mother that is in the hospital. She is fine, don't misunderstand me, it is just that she is receiving some blood because of her treatment against cancer. Hopefully, she will be fine because she is a fighter and she will not give up so easy.
This morning is different because something else. I do not have news from my brother Manfred. I think I will contact him this afternoon. I kind of miss making fun of him, and probably I miss as well all the fun he used to make about me.
This morning is different because today I finally will achieve one of the most important steps in my research. What is it about? Well, I am trying to control a humanoid robot arm. But it is not just any other singular robot, and it is not gonna be any other singular controller. I just need to have the energy function of the system, then I will apply techniques of energy and power shaping to change the equilibrium point of the system and finally get some set-point control or just some tracking control. Sounds weird for those that are not familiarized with nonlinear control, but I can assure you that this is a great step.
Between these walls of my cold office I have to say goodbye. I will let you know how was it. I must return to my lab.
See you,

Mauricio.

No comments:

Post a Comment